A background look on Curanderismo (By: Jacqueline Perez)


Comments

  1. nice! i wonder why we (as a society) are so much less inclined to adopt spiritual cures on top of physical medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacqueline. I liked learning about curanderos and curandeiros. You did a good job covering the what and why concept of a curanderismo. It was interesting to see why Hispanic culture accepted this type of healer due to economic struggles. It makes sense. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some families actually give babies bracelets to prevent people from giving them the evil eye. I don't remember if it is mentioned in the reading or not but I know people can give babies the evil eye without knowing. Interesting thing is that apparently in my family it is well known that my grandfather is one of these people I don't know why exactly but I thought it was interesting. Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great presentation, the reading was easy and forward, and love the balance of positive and negative color choices. and the did you know section is well delivered!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classrooms Are Closed. Now What?

Spirituality in Haitian Vodou